A World Without Weapons
Session 1: Arms Trade 101, with Campaign Against the Arms Trade (CAAT)
Questions for Discussion:
- What would be the impact on the UK arms trade, the Middle East and wider foreign policy if the UK stopped arming Saudi?
- How can understanding colonial histories help frame our analysis of contemporary migratory movements and the militarization of borders?
- What might justice look like for countries affected by armed conflict, war and occupation, particularly in cases in which exports of UK arms have facilitated violence?
- How might we fight for climate justice at the same time as challenging the arms trade (e.g. are there any specific actions, targets or approaches that might work well for both)?
- What are the similarities between calls for defunding the police and calls for defunding the military?
Resources which you might want to look at:
'The Climate Crisis is a Racist Crisis' - Dr. Leon Sealey-Huggins: http://wrap.warwick.ac.uk/103485/