Christian Responses to the Climate Emergency
Session 1: the Science
Here are some resources which might be helpful in educating yourself on the science of the Climate Emergency. At the bottom there are two sets of questions which we discussed in small groups.
A) Questions For Small Group Discussions
1) Introduce yourself. Share your name, where you are from, something interesting about yourself.
2) For a couple of minutes each person has the opportunity to speak about their life and share whatever details they wish of who they are and their situation.
You can find more interesting videos here: https://www.carbonbrief.org/10-of-the-best-youtube-videos-on-climate-change
Resources to read......
Extinction Rebellion: https://extinctionrebellion.uk/the-truth/the-emergency/
Our World in Data, fossil fuels: https://ourworldindata.org/fossil-fuels
B) Questions For Small Group Discussions
1) How does the information you have heard make you feel?
2) What Questions do you have?
3) Where do you feel the responsibility lies for creating this situation?
4) What can I do to change this situation?
and if you have time, catch up with this video from 2009, it's a classic.........