Christian Responses to the Climate Emergency
Session 1: the Science
In order to consider our own responses to the Climate Emergency we first need to understand the science. Most of us don't need to be experts, but we do need to know the basics.
Below there are some videos which we invite you to watch, and some articles to look at if you have more time.
There are two sets of questions for discussion in small groups:
A) As this is the first session we invite you to introduce yourselves and to share who you are and speak a little bit about your life.
B) The second set of questions invite you to reflect on the science content which you have watched and read.
A) Questions For Small Group Discussions
1) Introduce yourself. Share your name, where you are from, something interesting about yourself.
2) For a couple of minutes each person has the opportunity to speak about their life and share whatever details they wish of who they are and their situation.
B) Questions For Small Group Discussions
1) How does the information you have heard make you feel?
2) What Questions do you have?
3) Where do you feel the responsibility lies for creating this situation?
4) What can I do to change this situation?
You can find more interesting videos here: https://www.carbonbrief.org/10-of-the-best-youtube-videos-on-climate-change
Resources to read......
Extinction Rebellion: https://extinctionrebellion.uk/the-truth/the-emergency/
Our World in Data, fossil fuels: https://ourworldindata.org/fossil-fuels
and if you have time, catch up with this video from 2009, it's a classic.........