Christian Responses to the Climate Emergency
Session 4: Taking Non-Violent Direct Action
- What do you think about the legitimacy of civil disobedience for Christians? Or should we obey the ruling authorities?
- How do you see Jesus as a role model for civil disobedience and nonviolent direct action?
- How do you feel about Jesus's challenge to faithful disobedience? For example, inspired, energised, challenged, threatened, unsure....?
- How would you prepare / prepare yourself for these kinds of action?
- What do you think is the role of civil disobedience / nonviolent direct action in responding to the climate emergency?
- How do you feel when hearing about these kinds of stories or actions? For example, inspired, energised, challenged, threatened, angry, unsure....?