led by Pax Christi
What is militarism? where can we see it in our everyday lives?
What questions does militarism raise? and how is it connected to other issues, such as security, education, the arms trade, migration and remembrance?
Questions relating to the poster
- What can you see?What do you think is happening?
- Why might this be happening? What might the effect of this be?
- Can you see any connections between different parts of the poster?
Thank you to Quakers in Britain for such a great resource!
Questions for Discussion
- What values are important to you and in your faith?
- What values do you think are associated with militarism?
- Can you see any similarities/ differences/ tensions between your values and militaristic values?
- How can we deal with these similarities/ differences/ tensions?
- Does a militarised society make us safer? Why/ why not?
- What makes us feel safe and secure? Why?
- What can we do to help us feel safer as a society?