27 “You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall not commit adultery.’ 28 But I say to you that everyone who looks at a woman with lust has already committed adultery with her in his heart.
- What is your initial reaction to this Bible verse?
- What are your thoughts on the links between sex and power?
- Thinking about those around you, what are their attitudes towards sex? Do you agree with those around you?
Kaye Wellings, senior author, and Professor of Sexual and Reproductive Health at the School, said:
“The changes in practices we see here are consistent with the widening of other aspects of young people’s sexual experience, and are perhaps not surprising given the rapidly changing social context and the ever-increasing number of influences on sexual behaviour. It is important to keep up to date with trends in sexual lifestyles to help young people safeguard their health and increase their well
Kinsey Institute website:
Over 50% of respondents ages 18-24 indicated that their most recent sexual partner was a casual or dating partner. For all other age groups, the majority of study participants indicated that their most recent sexual partner was a relationship partner. (National Survey of Sexual Health and Behaviour, 2010).
- What is your initial reaction to these statistics?
- How do you think faith and sex intersect? Should they? If so, why?
- Have there been times where people have assumed things about your views on sex because you’re a Christian?
- Have there been other Christians, particularly older ones, have made assumptions about your relationship?